5 key tips when writing a press release to advertise a product, project, service or activity:
1) Include key details – include all the details of what you are wanting to promote, which might mean including a location or time, for instance. It may seem obvious, but it can be easy to forget when you are close to something.
2) Use quotes – including quotes from people involved within your group or organisation can help with making information about what you are trying to promote appear more engaging and easier to read and digest.
3) Keep it simple – try not to over complicate the press release, the easier it is to read and access the key details about the event the better.
4) Include contact information – include contact details of one of the key people within your group or organisaton for those you are sending the press release to, to know who to contact for further comment or details.
5) Make the email format easy to use – it is best when you are emailing your press release to relevant people, groups and organisations to copy and paste the press release into the body of the email as well as attaching it as a PDF. This way it makes it easier for those receiving the email to use the text without many formatting problems.
Jay & Jane offer a comprehensive press release, copywriting and content writing service where we can do all this and more for you – please get in touch for more.